Wednesday, May 28, 2014

New 5 Card Printable Puppies Set, Tutorial and New Samples!

Hi Everyone,  I have our New Puppy Cards Set plus some great samples to share and a little tutorial.

Our new printable Adorable Puppies 5 Card Set that includes 5 print and fold style cards and a page with 2 birthday and 2 general card sentiments you can print on the inside of the cards digitally or mat and glue them inside. It's a $3.50 download and the puppies are big and designed to print on half a piece of 8.5" x 11" card stock so you can simply fold it. You can re-size them at 200 dpi and each puppy will be 7" x 9" a great size to mat for a 8 x10 frame - which is what I made below but they would also be cute as mini charms.


Some parts of these cards look so #3D I knew I wanted to make a 3D paper pieced sample as a wall art picture for my dog loving nephew's room. So I cropped the Boston puppy and enlarged it by changing the dpi to 200 from 300. This makes the image over 7" x 9" and it prints great on a full page of regular card stock.  Print 2 copies so you can cut out the sweater and hat.  
 NOTE:  If you are worried about the cost of printer ink please consider using compatible ink from a reputable ink company like www.InkFarm.com   We have been using their ink for a few years as well as most of the Design Team and it is far less money!  Plus - they have a deal for Crafty Secrets customers with 15% off compatible printer ink and Free Shipping and it doesn't expire!  Just use the code:  craftyink


I also wanted to make a pom pom for the hat so I wound some red wool with sparkle fibers around a ruler, slipped it off and tied it in the middle and cut through the loops to make a fuzzy pom pom to add to the hat.  I used the text tool to type my nephews name on the sweater in Photoshop Elements and used the arc tool to curve it slightly. 


I need to buy a frame for it and maybe mat it on blue or leave it with the white background depending on the frame. 


I showed a peek of this cute dog card last week by DT Leader Kathy Clement before she had even posted it and now it's on her blog with instructions. She used stamps from our Little Dogs Digital Stamp Set and I adore this sweet image of the girl and her doggie.


DT Member Elizabeth Lincoln also fell for this same image and created this sweet 'Thinking of You' dog card for her sister who loves dogs. Elizabeth has been going 'dog crazy' with both dog sets and also made a Hound Dog Birthday card and a fun British Bull Dog card.


Love this doggie layout by Victoria Warren Mears she created with her dog Pearl using our Big Dog Digital Stamp Set and papers and roses from CD #1.  Dogs have such great faces and getting close of photos can really capture their personality. It's one reason digital cameras are so great , you don't need to be an amazing photographer as long as you set your camera to take the highest resolution photos and take several you can zoom in and crop photos to get the best shots. Just save any edited photos with a new name.


Lastly, I wanted to show you this pretty thank you card DT Member Vicki Chrisman created using one of the birdy images from our Birds & Blossoms Scraps - now a 4 page Digital Download, as well as papers from our Radiant Collection.


I actually lost my computer for a few days to have repairs and I'm so happy yo have it back.   Sometimes they are soooo frustrating but impossible to live with out.

Wising you joy and creativity

Sandy Redburn
Owner

See Our BIG SALE at CraftyVintageGirl.com 
Visit Our Facebook Page with 6560+ Fans!

This Blog: http://heartwarmingvintage.blogspot.com
Our Website: http://www.craftysecrets.com
Toll Free Phone or Fax 1-888 597-8898
Local Phone 604 597-8817


Crafty Secrets Head Office
15430 78 A Ave.,
Surrey, BC V3S 8R4


USA Warehouse
250 H. Street, #436
Blaine,WA 98230

4 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

The puppies are adorable! Keeping my fingers crossed that kittens will be forthcoming LOL - you know I do love the kitties! Gorgeous cards and layouts by your DT!

Cynthia said...

The new Puppy Printables is adorable, Sandy! LOVE the pup layout of Pearl... reminds me of my boy, Bud. Thanks for all of the fabulous inspiration.

Birgit said...

The puppy cards are so sweet! I love how you made him look 3-D too!

Jennifer Scull said...

cute projects by the team!

were you ever able to get the discount code working from the monthly linky party? thought I would check since I never heard back from you. thanks!

enjoy your weekend! :)